An opportunity has arisen at Stoke City Football Club of the English Football League for the position of casual Academy Coach to support its football operations at its training ground facility at Clayton Wood in Trent Vale.
The successful candidate would have responsibility for supporting the full time coaching staff across the U9-U16 coaches within the Academy and Development Centres. The main responsibility is coaching players within in this age range, focusing primarily on a specific age group. You will also be required to deliver the Club’s coaching programme.
The coaching department plays a key role in supporting the development of young players at the club. This is a fantastic opportunity to coach and develop players in an elite environment to build on the recent success of the Academy in progressing players to the first team.
The role will require the ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team, to provide the best programme for players to progress through the Academy system.
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Football background either as a player or coach and a minimum of the UEFA B Licence and Youth Module 3 (Academy Coach) or Level 2 (Development Centre Coach).
- Experience of coaching in academy football or development centres.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to support in the implementation of a players development plan and assist in recording evidence and provide reports and feedback to players and colleagues.
- Ability to plan, work independently and meet deadlines.
- A knowledge of the requirements of elite football.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high degree of flexibility to cover evenings and weekends work as required. The position will be offered on a casual and intermittent basis.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and DBS checks at the appropriate level will be obtained prior to employment commencing.
To apply, please complete and return the application form, to Human Resources, SCFC Jobs, PO Box 3573, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 9LL or email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘ACDCCO2401SCFCW’ in the subject line. Alternatively, telephone the Human Resources department on 01782 592227 for an application form.