About The Role
Will assist in the design and delivery of physical performance service to the club’s academy. Based at the club’s training ground, the role will require the attendance at evening training sessions and one weekend match. The ideal candidate will be a team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills. The successful candidate will have previous experience working in elite sport.
This role is offered on a permanent part-time basis.
About The Candidate
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the design and delivery of athletic performance programmes to academy players across different age groups – primarily U9-U147.
- As a member of the Department of Performance, the successful applicant will operate in an interdisciplinary approach environment.
- Maintain and re-enforce standards and values aligned to the club culture and performance strategy.
- Maintain records according to Elite Player Performance Plan requirements.
- Attend professional development sessions as required and an annual performance review aligned to key performance indicators.
- Contribute to the development of the performance strategy involving key internal and external research projects which underpin future service developments.
- Develop and maintain extensive network both inside and outside football with whom to share and develop best practice.
- Undergraduate degree in sport science or other relevant qualification.
- Recognised strength and conditioning qualification e.g NSCA, CSCS, UKSCA or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- BASES Accreditation
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Able to work on your own initiative and maintain independence within the environment.
- An excellent communicator and team player.
About The Club
The Club is committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion, and believes in equal opportunities for all. We expect that all staff, volunteers, and others associated with the Club. Share and endorse this commitment in a positive manner. The club does not tolerate any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation, or harassment. Your behaviour must align to the principles of equality as outlined in the Clubs equality policy which can be found at equality-and-diversity-at-oufc.pdf.