Academy Match Analysis
About the Placement
Stoke City Football Club of the English Football League, has multiple opportunities as an Academy Match Analyst Intern for the forthcoming season at it training ground facility at Clayton Wood in Trent Vale. The position requires a commitment to work within Stoke City Football Club’s Category 1 Academy for the 2024/25 season.
Within the internship you will be required to report to the Lead Academy Match Analyst, assisting a progressive and enthusiastic Academy Match Analyst department in providing support to all academy teams across all areas of match analysis.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the analysis needs of the academy teams including:
- Filming (wide angle) games and training.
- Live and post-event coding of matches and training (using Hudl SportsCode).
- Creating pre-match and post-match reports supported by coach requested clips.
- Uploading video to Hudl.
- Creating clips that relate to the Academy’s playing philosophy.
- Filming (wide angle) and coding Foundation Phase/Youth Development Phase matches and training.
- Maintaining all Academy match analysis databases.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- IT literate, specifically with the use of Apple MacBook’s, iMovie, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience of using basic performance analysis equipment (camera and tripod).
- Knowledge of Hudl SportsCode.
- Outstanding knowledge of football.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working in a professional football club.
- Knowledge of Wyscout.
- Hold a full and clean UK driving licence.
- Strong desire to pursue a career in the football industry.
- Committed, enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Ability to work as part of the Academy Match Analysis team, as well as other departments (e.g. sports science) within the Academy.
- Positive and professional attitude, with an ability to meet the deadlines of the weekly match analysis requirements.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
CPD and Finance
- In house CPD will be given throughout the season across a range of match analysis related subjects, using a range of sports specific software.
- Travel expenses and a meal on workdays only.
Duration of Placement
- 2024-25 Season (1st July 2024 to 30th June 2025)
The successful applicants will be available to work evenings and weekends to cover a busy Academy schedule with the working days being any 1 from 7.
Applicants must be currently be enrolled on to an undergraduate degree.
(Performance Analysis, Sports Coaching, Sport and Exercise Science)
The position will be a casual basis. All relevant training will be provided.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and DBS checks at the appropriate level will be obtained prior to employment commencing.
To apply for the Internship, please telephone the Human Resources department on 01782 592227 or email email@example.com for an application form quoting ‘AMAI2401UNI’ in the subject line.
Closing date for applications is Friday 22nd March 2024.
If you are successfully shortlisted for the first stage of interviews, presentations will be conducted the week commencing Monday 1st April 2024. If you are successful the final stage of interviews, a formal interview will be conducted the week commencing Monday 8th April 2024.
For informal information about the internship placement, please contact James Dodd, Lead Academy Analyst at Stoke City (firstname.lastname@example.org).