Who we are:
We are Crystal Palace Football Club, a Premier League Football Club with more than 160 years of proud history. Spread across three different sites – our London office, Selhurst Park stadium and our Training Ground/Academy, we offer the best atmosphere and culture for our fans and our employees.
We strive for excellence in the workplace with a philosophy of high standards, professionalism, and a strong work ethic from our employees. We are constantly trying to grow, diversify and build with not only our team on the pitch, but also our team in the offices and on the training ground.
About this role:
If you are a physiotherapist with experience working in an elite sports environment, we have an opportunity for you! We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident, and knowledgeable physiotherapist to join the growing medical department at the Academy for age groups U9 to U16.
You will be working alongside one other Academy Physiotherapist focusing on the U9s-U16s and reporting into the Head of Academy Physiotherapy / Head of Academy Medical.
- Providing clinic cover,, which does include evening and weekend working
- Providing match cover which will require travelling with teams to away fixtures on occasion
- Assisting /Managing the part-time staff and ensuring all academy fixtures are covered by a therapist
- Working in conjunction with the Head of Academy Physiotherapy and Academy Physiotherapist for provision of all physiotherapy duties associated with the Academy, in particular U9-U16s teams
- Assisting with all testing and screening of U9-U16’s teams
- Assisting all testing and screening of U9’s-U16s throughout the year and liaise with coaches
- Updating key medical staff on all medical/injury concerns regarding Academy players
- Compiling a weekly report to all staff, with injury status and player availability for weekend fixtures.
- Musculo-skeletal assessment of Academy team players.
- Diagnosing, and treating all injuries sustained by Academy players.
- Attending specialist appointments/radiology exams with injured U9-U16 players.
- Informing Academy coaching staff about player “availability” at end of evening session.
- Wherever possible, covering Academy tours. Utilising part-time cover only when necessary.
- Keeping daily records of treatments and record injuries on Kitman Labs system and auditing injuries throughout the year.
- Ensuring all academy players’ medical files are up to date and stored securely with relevant medical information shared to appropriate stake holders.
- Ensuring all protocols and EAPs are followed according to Head of Academy Medical
- Assisting the Head of Academy Physiotherapy with medical consumable stock control and distribution of ‘run-on’ bags to part-time physiotherapy staff
- Attending all, whenever possible, medical meetings; internal CPD events and MDT meetings.
- Attending external courses where possible. Present contents of course to rest of medical staff as soon as possible on return to the Club. Permission to be obtained from Head of Academy Sports Science and Medicine prior to applying for any course.
- Responsible for organising Club’s in-service training programme, for both full and part-time medical staff, Head of Academy Medical. In-service training programme includes organising staff presentations and circulation of scientific medical journals.
- Promoting and supporting all members and policies of the Medical Department
- Other duties appropriate to the skills and experience of the position holder
- Upholding and promoting the Club’s policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities policies and procedures.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- BSc degree in Physiotherapy
- MSK experience in a private clinic or NHS
- The FA Level 5 Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football (ATMMiF) or able to book place ASAP.
- Registration with appropriate governing body (HCPC and CSP)
- Actively cooperate and communicate with others, fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Competent and personable with good time management skills
- Able to understand and adapt to the culture of a professional football club.
- Positive about achieving Club, departmental and individual success.
- Proactively takes on new responsibilities and seek out opportunities to learn new skills.
- Must be accountable for delivering results within assigned levels of accountability.
- Gym-based qualifications
- FA Safeguarding Children Certificate
- Experience working as a Physiotherapist within elite sport.
- Experience of working with young athletes
- Experience of working within paediatrics
- Experience of working within professional football
- Strong knowledge in LTAD of adolescents within an academy system
- Confident with delivering strength and conditioning gym and based sessions.
- Full clean driving licence
- Complimentary match day ticket
- Reward and Discount Scheme through our Tech Scheme and Simple Health app
- Health and Wellbeing benefit scheme
- 20% Discount in our Retail Stores
- Holiday allowance that increases every year of service
Our commitment to Equality
At Crystal Palace Football Club, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion is spirited and continues to grow due to the working environment, which makes all staff feel appreciated and welcomed. Crystal Palace Football Club do this by encouraging good relations and practices towards different groups and are committed to promoting employment opportunities that celebrate diversity.
We are committed to attracting, recruiting, and retaining the most talented candidates and the club intends to ensure that everyone who wishes to engage with the club, whether as matchday fans, staff, players, board members, participants in Foundation programmes and any other person engaged with the club’s activities, has a real and equal opportunity to do so.
If you require disability-related adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact DLO@cpfc.co.uk (DLO inbox is for disability-related queries only, if you wish to gain further information regarding this vacancy, please contact email@example.com). We are here to help you through the whole recruitment process including trying to apply for a vacancy, getting in touch with us through the process, and/or helping with access in case you are required to come in for an interview.
Crystal Palace Football Club is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare and protection of children and vulnerable people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, the post holder will be subject to any relevant security checks as required.