We have a new position as an Academy Sports Therapist available within Fleetwood Town Football Club, based within our elite performance centre at Poolfoot Farm Sports Complex in Thornton – Cleveleys.
Established in 1997, Fleetwood Town Football Club is a professional association football club based in the town of Fleetwood, Lancashire. The team compete in EFL 1, the third tier of English football.
The home ground is Highbury Stadium in Fleetwood and its training ground is Poolfoot Farm, in Thornton-Cleveleys.
Fleetwood Town is committed to providing all employees with the opportunity for career and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications and suitability for the work as well as their potential to be developed into the role.
Poolfoot Farm was officially unveiled by the great Sir Alex Ferguson on 20th April 2016 and is home to 16 football pitches both artificial and natural grass, an elite performance building, gymnasium, playground and a destination restaurant. The site offers football for all areas of the game from grassroots through to the elite 1st team squad.
To assist and support the Physiotherapy team in the planning, support, and delivery of medical provision for all Academy players.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- To work alongside the Academy Physio to plan, deliver and support the medical provision for all Academy players
- To support the Medical department in line with the club policy and EPPP guidelines
- Oversee the treatment and rehabilitation of Academy players daily (U9-U23)
- To undertake regular CPD and training relevant for the role to progress the Medical department and medical provision
- Maintain medical notes in conjunction with CSP/ HCPC standards
- Regulation and management of the PMA for individual injuries and performance clock during rehabilitation
- Contribute to ongoing staff and player education
- Pitch-side emergency first aid for training and games
- Provide a holistic approach when managing injuries, referring to sport psychology where appropriate
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team that works collaboratively to support the development of young people
- To assist the Academy Physiotherapists and First Team Physiotherapist with the U23 and the First Team Squads on a daily basis, as and when required
- To provide support for the First Team Physiotherapist when required for training/ match days
- To support the provision of Academy external partners, where possible.
- BSc (hons) degree in Sports Therapy
- Full and in date membership/ registration: Chartered Physiotherapist (CSP) and Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Current ATMIFF qualification or working towards.
- Experience of working as a Sports Therapist within an elite sporting environment
- FA Safeguarding Children.
- MSc or working towards
- Experience of working in an Academy under EPPP rules
- Knowledge of age-appropriate medical provision
- Knowledge of elite level requirements
- IT literate with a knowledge of the PMA.
- Confident communicator with a can do attitude
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, and ambitious individual
- Proactive decision maker who maintains high standards
- Committed to achieving the agreed objectives
- Flexible and willingness to learn and develop.
You will require a full, valid UK driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, please send an up-to-date copy of your CV and cover letter to:
Fleetwood Town Football Club and Fleetwood Town Community Trust are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment.
This information is available in different formats if required. Please contact Fleetwood Town Football Club directly on 01253 775080
Job Type: Part-time
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Thornton-Cleveleys: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person