Who we are:
We are Crystal Palace Football Club, a Premier League Football Club with more than 160 years of proud history. Spread across three different sites – our London office, Selhurst Park stadium and our Training Ground/Academy, we offer the best atmosphere and culture for our fans and our employees.
We strive for excellence in the workplace with a philosophy of high standards, professionalism, and a strong work ethic from our employees. We are constantly trying to grow, diversify and build with not only our team on the pitch, but also our team in the offices and on the ground.
About this role:
Crystal Palace Football Club are looking for qualified part-time sports therapists/ physiotherapist to come join our Cat 1 Academy Medical Department. We would look for individuals to provide weekly match-day medical provision for our academy players.
- Responsible for assessing acute injuries and managing pitch side injuries as their clinical scope and qualification permits.
- Flexible and committed to work unsocial hours, weekend, and evenings.
- Support and report into our Academy Physiotherapists and Head of Academy Physiotherapy in providing acute injury management and advice to our players and parents.
- Would be required to ensure they cover a set number of fixtures/sessions a month to remain employed by the club.
- Follow set protocols and procedures in place at the academy.
- Promoting and supporting all members and policies of the Medical Department.
- Any other duties appropriate to the skills and experience of the position holder
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by line manager.
- Upholding and promoting the Club’s policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities policies and procedures.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- BSc Physiotherapy degree, BSc Sports Therapy degree or equivalent
- FA Level 5 ATMMIF (preferred)
- FA Level 4 ITMIMF (accepted)
- Equivalent trauma courses such as UEFA pitch-side trauma course or The RFU Pre Hospital Immediate Care in Sport (PHICIS) Level 3 course
- Experience in an MSK setting
- Experience working in a professional sporting environment
- Indemnity through professional registration
Our commitment to Equality
At Crystal Palace Football Club, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion is spirited and continues to grow due to the working environment, which makes all staff feel appreciated and welcomed. Crystal Palace Football Club do this by encouraging good relations and practices towards different groups and are committed to promoting employment opportunities that celebrate diversity.
We are committed to attracting, recruiting, and retaining the most talented candidates and the club intends to ensure that everyone who wishes to engage with the club, whether as matchday fans, staff, players, board members, participants in Foundation programmes and any other person engaged with the club’s activities, has a real and equal opportunity to do so.
If you require disability-related adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact DLO@cpfc.co.uk (DLO inbox is for disability-related queries only, if you wish to gain further information regarding this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org). We are here to help you through the whole recruitment process including trying to apply for a vacancy, getting in touch with us through the process, and/or helping with access in case you are required to come in for an interview.
Crystal Palace Football Club is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare and protection of children and vulnerable people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, the post holder will be subject to any relevant security checks as required.