SUMMARY OF ROLE:
We currently have an opportunity for Casual Physiotherapists at our fantastic Academy based at our training grounds in Wetherby. This is a great opportunity for driven individuals who relish a challenge and are driven to succeed in a fast and innovative environment.
The Casual Academy Physiotherapist is responsible for assisting in the delivery of the Academy Physiotherapy Programme to ensure a first-class player experience for players across the 9-16 age groups of the academy.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Leeds United Football Club is an English professional football club based in the city of Leeds, West Yorkshire, where we play at our fabulous stadium based on Elland Road, which has been the home of Leeds United since 1919 and remains one of English football’s great theatres and is ‘the only place for us’ ever since.
Everyone at Leeds United is dedicated to working as one team and to be the best we can be.
Come be part of our fabulous team as we March on Together.
- Implement the Academy Physiotherapy Programme.
- Liaise with the full-time Academy Physiotherapists on the assessment, treatment, and
rehabilitation of players.
- Deliver individualised rehabilitation programmes and return to fitness protocols for players
in the Under 9 to Under 16 age group.
- Provide match day cover for U9-16s games as required.
- Assist in the implementation of medical screening as per EPPP requirements to include
testing to facilitate recruitment activity.
- Support the Academy Injury Audit.
- Utilise the PMA and ensure that all necessary medical records are maintained.
- Work in conjunction with the wider MDT on the development of each player as part of the
6-12 weekly multidisciplinary review process.
- Contribute to the Academy internal CPD programme and engage in external CPD as
required by your role and to maintain your professional licence.
- Working autonomously to an agreed level and in the best interests of the Academy
- Forging positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to benefit the
- Being visible to all internal and external stakeholders and supporting key staff when liaising with parents at critical moments
- Championing all Club and Academy policy through ensuring best practice in areas such as safeguarding, health and safety and equality, diversity, and inclusion throughout the coaching department
- Living the values of the Club and championing our culture to help deliver the Academy performance plan and ultimately the vision of the Academy and the Club
- Championing innovative and emerging best practice through accessing internal and external sources of expertise to help contribute to ongoing personal development and the overall Academy programme
- Engaging in the Academy staff development programme and attending all CPD events
- Participating in all external CPD to ensure compliance with PL, EFL and NGB standards
- BSc/MSc in Physiotherapy
- Registered physiotherapist member of the HCPC and CSP
- FA ITTMiF/ATMMiF qualification
- FA Safeguarding children certificate
- DBS check with children’s barred list check
- UK Driving License
- Postgraduate level education in related areas eg. Sports rehab/S&C/SpSci/Nutrition
- A minimum of 1 years’ post graduate experience working in physiotherapy
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team to support player development
- Experience of working in a football Academy
For more information about this role and the job description click here