Casual U14’s Girls Academy Physical Performance Coach
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our Liverpool FC Foundation team as a U14’s Girls Academy Physical Performance Coach. In this role you will design, develop, implement and manage the delivery of both individual player and team-based physical performance training programs for LFC Foundation Girls Academy.
What will you be doing?
• Design and implement, in partnership with coaches and other service providers, high quality and individualised physical preparation programs including, but not limited to, strength and power enhancement, speed enhancement, agility and movement skills refinement, endurance capacity increased, and injury prevention and rehabilitation.
• Ensure high level of rehabilitation programming, delivery, and development.
• To be responsible for your age group, keeping records of players progression and producing reports for both players, parents, other coaches through the Women’s Performance System (WPS)
• Liaise and co-ordinate frequently with other service providers and coaches to ensure effective and efficient service delivery within each sport program.
• Work optimally within your prescribed scope of practice and within the rules and guidelines of your professional body.
• To attend and contribute to FA CPD events and further training as required • Work closely with team support staff, including coaching, medical, and physiotherapy staff.
• Implementation of Daily Monitoring of players’ wellbeing and make appropriate changes.
• Ensure high level of knowledge around physical, psychological, technical (position specific), and tactical (style of play) demands associated with football.
• Ensure full documentation of physical assessments, rehabilitation, and other pertinent information on WPS in a timely manner.
• Work collaboratively as part of a high performing team/organization, establishing and maintaining effective partnerships with key internal and/or external stakeholders to lead and deliver high quality business outcomes.
• Support match day team preparation and match day operations
• Execute additional tasks as required to meet the football club’s changing priorities.
• Carry out any other reasonable management requests.
• To adhere and support on the club Safeguarding policy.
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you will have experience in strength & conditioning within an elite sporting environment, including experience in player monitoring and workload management. You’ll also have experience in collection and management of GPS data. You will be a UK Anti-Doping Accredited Advisor. It is desired you have experience of people management in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Essential qualifications for the role:
BSc in Sports Science or related field UK Strength and Conditioning accreditation (UKSA)
Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) (NCSA)
Football Association Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF)
MSc in Strength and Conditioning or postgraduate related You will be able to demonstrate a strong understanding and analyses skill in complex issues and problems. You’ll have strong skills in communications, time management and strong planning and organisational skills.
Why should you apply?
This is a casual contract position, working variable hours across the week including evenings and weekends.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment. This role is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.