Emerging Talent Centre – Physical Performance Coach
Department: Birmingham City Women FC: Girls Emerging Talent Centre
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Hours of Work: Monday & Thursday training 6:00pm – 8:00pm & Match Day Saturday.
Application closing date: Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced.
We are a values-based club that focuses on the development of its people. We promote a club culture that embraces the creation of opportunity, where everyone’s voice, actions and opinions are valued.
We welcome applications for the role of Physical Performance coach to work as part of the multi-disciplinary team within our Girls Emerging Talent Centre.
You will play an important role in developing the learning environment for the young people within the Talent Pathway alongside the coaching team and multidisciplinary team.
You will plan, prepare, and deliver Physical Performance sessions in line with our player development programme. This role also includes supporting the team on match day.
This role sits within the Birmingham City Women FC Girls Emerging Talent Centre coaching team and requires the ability to work closely and productively with colleagues and support staff.
Ability to accommodate flexible working hours including evening and weekends.
- To plan and deliver a physical performance programme to all players.
- To connect with coaching staff to support physical development within training sessions.
- To support the Sports Therapy team with any players recovering from injury and support the return to play process.
- Attend match day programme to facilitate the warm-up process pre-game.PERSON SPECIFICATIONQualificationsEssential Requirements
- BSc in Sports Science/Strength & Conditioning or other Sports Science related degree.
- Hold a UK Strength & Conditioning Association (UKSCA) or ASCC Accreditation.
- FA Enhanced DBS.
- FA Safeguarding Children Course.
- FA Level 1 Introduction to First Aid in Football (IFAiF) of FA Emergency Aid.
- Experience in coaching other sports as well as football.Personal Requirements
- The ability to engage with young people to create a meaningful and enjoyable learning environment.
- A positive personality, passionate about making a difference.
- Demonstrate curiosity and ambition to develop themselves.
- The ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other coaches and the multi-disciplinary team.
- Comply with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook. In particular, the Equal Opportunities Policy, Health & Safety Policy, and procedures.
- Must always adhere to confidentiality and data protection procedures.
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community. We will consider applications solely based on merit regardless of gender, race, marital status, age, nationality, ethnic or national origins, disability, sexual orientation, political or religious belief, background, or family circumstance.
Birmingham City FC promotes a diverse and inclusive working environment, and we welcome applications from all individuals in society. If you have any particular requirements or need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment or interview process, please mention this in your application.
All candidates are required to complete our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Recruitment Survey using the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/ymR2zBpuNf. The survey will take approximately 1 minute to complete, is completely voluntary and you can respond with “prefer not to say” to any questions that you do not feel comfortable in answering. All responses will remain anonymous, and we will use the information collected to review our recruitment processes and ensure we continue to encourage a diverse and inclusive working environment to help us achieve our equality objectives.