Who we are:
We are Crystal Palace Football Club, a Premier League Football Club with more than 160 years of proud history. Spread across three different sites – our London office, Selhurst Park stadium and our Training Ground/Academy, we offer the best atmosphere and culture for our fans and our employees.
We strive for excellence in the workplace with a philosophy of high standards, professionalism, and a strong work ethic from our employees. We are constantly trying to grow, diversify and build with not only our team on the pitch, but also our team in the offices and on the ground.
About this role:
Reporting into the Lead Foundation Phase Coach, the part-time Assistant Coach will be responsible for the week-to-week management, support of the Head Coach and all players within their team. The coach will need to plan and deliver individualised small group sessions along with team sessions of the relevant age group.
- Develop team understanding and individual players within the squad – allowing the elite players within the group to achieve their maximum potential.
- Devise IDP and team related sessions that are technical and tactical, in line with the CPFC playing philosophy and player needs.
- Plan and lead a team on match-day as part of the Premier League Games Programme.
- Ensure cohesion and management of individual players.
- Assist the Lead Coach in the management and development of elite FP players.
- Set, monitor, and develop high quality professional standard and team ethic for the players.
- Work with the Lead Coach to create and implement individual learning plans for players.
- Work in collaboration with all Academy staff.
- Work in line with the strategy as agreed by the club.
- Support the annual review of the ‘game model’ content.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by line manager.
- Upholding and promoting the Club’s policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities policies and procedures.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- UEFA B-License or higher
- FA Advanced Youth Award or working towards
- Experience of coaching at a Category 1/2/3 with elite players
- Highly organised
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed.
Our commitment to Equality
At Crystal Palace Football Club, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion is spirited and continues to grow due to the working environment, which makes all staff feel appreciated and welcomed. Crystal Palace Football Club do this by encouraging good relations and practices towards different groups and are committed to promoting employment opportunities that celebrate diversity.
We are committed to attracting, recruiting, and retaining the most talented candidates and the club intends to ensure that everyone who wishes to engage with the club, whether as matchday fans, staff, players, board members, participants in Foundation programmes and any other person engaged with the club’s activities, has a real and equal opportunity to do so.
If you require disability-related adjustments during the recruitment process, please contact DLO@cpfc.co.uk (DLO inbox is for disability-related queries only, if you wish to gain further information regarding this vacancy, please contact email@example.com). We are here to help you through the whole recruitment process including trying to apply for a vacancy, getting in touch with us through the process, and/or helping with access in case you are required to come in for an interview.
Crystal Palace Football Club is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare and protection of children and vulnerable people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, the post holder will be subject to any relevant security checks as required.