West Ham United Football Club are looking to recruit a full-time performance analyst to join their academy analysis department. Reporting to the Academy Manager and Head of Performance Analysis, you will be responsible for leading all aspects of performance analysis support for the U21 academy team. Those invited to interview may be asked to complete a task to demonstrate their analysis skills and football understanding. The ideal candidate must:
* Lead and manage a team of analysts.
* Be able to display a high level of tactical/technical knowledge and analytical expertise.
* Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of detailed analysis.
* Be able to travel to multiple venues of work.
* Be able to demonstrate our Academy values: Togetherness, Hard Working, Exciting and Attitude+.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Providing reviews and individual development plans for academy analysts.
* Filming games and training sessions.
* Detailed and informed opposition analysis and pre-match presentations, using video and data.
* Post-match video and statistical analysis for players and coaching staff.
* Providing Individualised analytical support to players (IDPs)
* Provide insight from statistical trend data on a team and individual basis on a mid/long term basis.
* Collect, store and analyse video and matches throughout the season on both an individual and team level.
* Support player development with internal and external best practice.
* Support the response to ad hoc queries and requests from management, coaching staff and players.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
Essential – E Desirable – D
* Signficiant experience of providing analysis support in an elite football environment / Category 1 football academy. (E)
* Attention to detail and the ability to communicate using a variety of presentation skills, including the creation of video presentations and reports, under pressure and time constraints. (E)
* An excellent understanding and experience in the use of analysis software (Hudl Sportscode, Studio, Wyscout) and 3rd party products such as Keynote, Excel, Powerpoint. (E)
* Coaching Qualifications. (FA/UEFA) (D)
* Experience of managing staff / students. (D)
* Postgraduate qualification in performance analysis. (D)