We have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional candidate to lead our first team Sports Science department based at Lincoln City Football Club’s Elite Performance Centre. The successful candidate will provide leadership to our First Team Sport Scientist as well as taking a key role in the planning and delivery of all sports science and athletic development activities.
- Lead on all sport science and athletic development related matters for Lincoln City First Team. This includes match day support, individualised pre-training activation and prehabilitation, on-field warm-ups, athletic development sessions and gym-based conditioning.
- Create and implement systems and methodologies to evaluate the success of the sport science program.
- Lead on all testing and data collection regarding the monitoring of athletic development.
- Line management of the First Team Sport Scientist.
- Direct and lead the Lead Rehab and Performance Therapist on all strength and conditioning matters relating to loaned and development players.
- Ensure regular and effective communications for effective information sharing are had within the MDT, with specific refence to the planning, reviewing and periodisation of training.
- Review and manage the sports science department budget.
- Liaise with the Head of Medical regarding injury risk reduction, injury management, rehabilitation and return to play pathways
- Undergraduate degree in Strength and Conditioning or a related field
- UKSCA or BASES Accreditation (or ability to attain within 6 months)
- Relevant first aid qualification
- Recent and relevant experience within elite sport (preferably football)
- Excellent communication, organisational and IT skills
- Eligible to work in the UK with a full UK Driving Licence
- Flexibility of working hours to suit the nature of elite sport
- Post Graduate qualification in Strength and Conditioning or related field
- ISAK Level 1 Accreditation
- Experience of leading an elite sport science program
- Experience of using sport science technology including GPS, force plates, Nordbord, GymAware