JOB PURPOSE The purpose of the role is to assist in the development and implementation of the Academy’s Sports Science plan in line with the Club’s overall strategy for developing elite players.
Focus will primarily be on the development of the following areas of support;
• Strength and conditioning – pitch & gym-based work.
• Diet and nutrition. • Sports Science – including physiology, biomechanics, physical testing and measurement.
• Overall delivery of targets and the running of Luton Town Football Club 2020 Ltd (LTFC), with particular focus on the fitness of LTFC playing staff.
• To commit to the collective decisions of the Board.
• To assist the Head of Academy Sport Science in delivering all relevant aspects in line with the Club’s strategic objectives and the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP).
• To work in tandem with all other Sports Science, Medical staff and Coaching staff.
• Provide sport science to U18 players on training and match days, both home and away. • Provide sport science support for U18 players undergoing the rehabilitation process.
• To ensure that the appropriate sport science information is added to each player’s Performance Clock.
• To assist the Head of Academy Sport Science in ensuring that all players graduating from the Academy whether into the Development/Professional squads, or leaving the Club, do so with a completed sport science player performance record as required by the EPPP guidelines.
• To undertake personal CPD as appropriate to meet the demands of the role.
• To assist the Head of Academy Sport Science with regards to sport science / strength and conditioning programmes for all age groups in the Academy, to monitor progress of players, and to ensure that the requirements of the EPPP in relation to National Testing initiatives are met. In particular, to deliver support to the Academy’s U18 players under the guidance of the Head of Academy Sport Science and to assist in the delivery of sport science provision to the schoolboy age groups (U9-16s).
• To implement effective testing in the following areas; • age appropriate physical screening
• anthropometric assessments
• physiological/fitness testing
• movement and posture/functioning screening
• predictive testing of size and shape/maturation measurement.
MAIN JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
• BSc in Sports Science or sub-discipline.
• Valid FA Safeguarding Children Certificate. • Hold an enhanced DBS check.
• FA Emergency First Aid in Football. Desirables
• MSc in a related discipline.
• BASES / UKSCA Accreditation or working towards.
• Experience in a similar or related role, demonstrating development and continuous improvement.
• Excellent IT skills and experience in use of all Microsoft Office products.
• Committed and driven by deadlines and results.
• Ability to turn ideas into deliverables with minimal supervision.
• Must Committed, enthusiastic and passionate about Luton Town Football Club.
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as using one’s own initiative.
• Able to communicate effectively with players, parents and fellow staff members at all levels.
• Able to adapt to the demands of the job and needs of the players / coaches.
• Willing to follow and promote the philosophy of the football club.
• Be an ambassador for Luton Town Football Club presenting the club in a positive image at all times.
• This is a full time role
• Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK