Strength and Conditioning Coach
Oxford University Sport is seeking to engage with a consultant strength and conditioning coach to work as part of the Blues Performance Scheme. The Blues Performance Scheme supports high performance teams and individual student athletes to improve their long-term performance in sport whilst balancing their academic commitments at one of the world’s most renowned universities.
The Scheme encompasses a wide variety of elite athletes competing at international level (GB Athletics, Rugby, Equestrian and Rowing) and an extensive network of high performing athletes competing in the British Universities premier divisions. The role will provide a platform to coach a wide variety of high-level athletes in group, and 1-2-1 sessions.
As part of the role you will work alongside other members of the sports services team and specialists from other areas of sports science to successfully provide a holistic athletic development service to Oxford’s student athletes.
• Plan, deliver and record S&C sessions using Teambuildr, our online training platform.
• Liaise with the Head S&C coach to monitor progress and track performance impact.
• Ensure the delivery effectively meets the needs of the team with integration and understanding of their seasonal training program.
• Attend multidisciplinary meetings with technical coaches, sports science and medicine support staff, leadership groups and other support roles where appropriate.
• Effectively communicate with team captains and coaches regarding the session.
• Possible additional hours working with teams and individual athletes on 1-to-1 basis. Requirements:
• Completed (or in the process of) a BSc in Strength and Conditioning or related field.
• At least 6 months experience in delivering group fitness or group strength and conditioning sessions.
• Excellent work ethic and interpersonal skills, reliable, confident, enthusiastic and ability to communicate in an inspiring and engaging manner.
• UKSCA accredited or ability to obtain within 12 months.
• Experience working with elite athletes or performers is desirable. Expected Hours: Term time 30 weeks per year (3 x 10 week terms).
Between 3-10 hours per week.
Location: Blues Performance Gym, Iffley Rd Sports Centre, Oxford.
Deadline: 12:00 noon on 8th December 2023.
How To Apply: Please click ‘Apply Now’ to email your CV and cover letter to our recruitment team