As a member of the Chelsea team, you will become part of a long and proud history in the heart of iconic west London, which dates back to the club’s founding in 1905. Since that time the club has won every major domestic and international trophy, being crowned English, European and world champions in the process.
Chelsea are a club which proudly strives to be the best in everything we do, on and off the pitch, as shown by the further success of our Women’s and Academy sides, as well as the excellent work in the community undertaken by the Chelsea Foundation, while engaging with our many supporters from a wide range of backgrounds at home in the UK and around the world.
If you’re motivated and want to help us win more trophies, you’ve got a place here at Chelsea!
About the Team:
The medical department is made up of a wealth of experience working across the different branches of the club including Men’s and Women’s First Team and Men’s and Women’s Academy. The medical department is extremely integrated and departments ensure there is a running philosophy across the board which is devoted to providing world class medical care for all players.
What We’re Looking For:
The position will involve working within the Women’s first team medical department to provide soft tissue / remedial therapy to the playing team. This will involve working as part of an MDT to deliver world class therapy leading on the recovery and physical maintenance of all female players using a variety of techniques in keeping with your professional qualifications. You will be expected to cover all training sessions as well as travel to games with the team.
Must Haves/qualified by demonstratable experience to the level required:
- Hold a minimum Level 4 Sports massage qualification attained through an accredited school that meets QCF standards.
- Be a member of a Professional Association (PA) or GCMT (General Council for Soft Tissue Therapies) or CNHC (Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council).
- Minimum of 3 years of post qualification experience in elite sport.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team within a sports medicine environment.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU OUTLINE WHETHER YOU HOLD THE ABOVE WITHIN THE COMMENTS SECTION OF YOUR APPLICATION FORM. IF NOT OUTLINED, MAY RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION BEING REJECTED.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with female athletes.
- Be motivated and have a dynamic approach to their work.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Be comfortable working evenings, weekend and variable hours on a weekly basis.
- Previous Experience working in sport / women’s sport.
What We Offer:
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
At Chelsea we recognise that the diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths and we are taking positive action to ensure our existing colleagues and job applicants can fully be themselves and bring their own unique experiences and perspectives to Chelsea FC. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.?
If you need reasonable adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter, who will be able to advise and support you.
Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate.